Anyway, this link up will run for a week and it surrounds how you say certain words or what you call certain things. This is based on a recent Huffington Post article surrounding Joshua Katz’s work. I have always been fascinated by words, vocabulary and accents. It would be SO MUCH FUN if you recorded yourself answering these questions and then linked up your video here in the Break Room! If you don’t want to show us what you look like, show us anyway. If you really don’t, you can just record your voice. (We want to see you, though!) You can link up the video that is in a blog post of yours or you can link up a YouTube video- whatever you would like to do. After we’re done, I will grab a bowl of popcorn and just stare at you guys for hours!
And don’t freak
out about the link-up process.
It’s as easy as making Ramen Noodles.
(If for some reason the linking tool is being a little nugget, then just raise your hand.)
Here are the questions:
1. What is the generic term for sweetened carbonated beverages?
2. What do you call the miniature lobster that you find in lakes and streams?
3. What is that thing called that kids drink water from in the hallways at schools?
4. What do you call rubber-soled shoes that you wear to the gym? Or to run? Or to go to Target?
5. Does someone cut the grass? Cut the lawn? Mow the grass? Mow the lawn?
6. What is the general term for that big road where people, like, drive really, really fast?
7. What do you call a group of two or more people?
Here are the words:
How do you pronounce:
*15. Doesn’t Pepto Bismol taste really, really good?
*Total bonus question.
Here I am embarrassing myself. I mean, before the video even starts my face is all contorted weird. Also, I totally just took my hair down from a ponytail, which is so obvious. Every time I look back, you can see a giant ponytail crease in my head. I tell you this so that you won’t be shy to upload your video. It’s got to look better than mine.
(Oh! Also, as a side note, we moved into this house about six months ago. We are still painting rooms. I want to paint this one. I want that wood trim darker. Or maybe white. If you are an expert wooden paneling painter, feel free to jump in with any advice.)
Before I go get my popcorn, I wanted to let you know one more thing. I’ve got a graphic up on NickMom.com right now called “Hey, Ever Wonder If You Are A Better Mom Than A Hedgehog?” As I know this is a question on everyone’s mind, please consult my graphic to see where you stand by going here.